Tuesday, July 05, 2005

i met my literary hero today

i was exposed to sandman when i used to chill at my friend's place as a teen and i would read his brother's sandman collection without the brother's permission(thanks noel! :P).it opened me up to the world of graphic novels. i had never experienced such good storytelling in comics before and soon, i was saving up to get my own copy on my allowance.

through gaiman, i moved on to alan moore and other writers and the next thing i know, i have a hobby that burns a hole in my wallet.

i am still blown away by the depth of all his works. because of him, i got really interested in mythology and all the different patheons of gods in each culture. american gods shows how much research he has done into each of them.

enough fanboy talk. here's some pictures of neil.

mr neil gaiman in his trademark leather jacket.

close up

his autograph on my yellowing 10 year old copy of preludes and nocturnes.

what he signed for candice. so i suppose i can dream but candice can only dream a little :P

i hope i can make it on wednesday evening at borders and catch him again.

2 Comments:

At 05 July, 2005 13:05, Blogger SpaceCake said...

Argh! You went for the press conference?! Dammit...

But ah, I'm going for the orchard library talk and squeeze my walk into it. How long did it take you to get the book signed btw?

 
At 05 July, 2005 13:05, Blogger SpaceCake said...

Oppps, I meant, my way. Not walk...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home