Thursday, February 23, 2006

Slower slower. we don't have time for that. all i want is to find an easier way. to get out of our little heads

bangkok rock fest.
i was there mainly for ian brown. monkey boy did only 2 paltry stone roses songs(waterfall and she bangs the drums, good though depite moshing half naked sweaty farangs). oasis were arrogant wankers(as usual).
Franz Ferdinand were okay. placebo were really good. as were maximo park and futureheads. the second day was the best performance as all the bands were in top form.
snow patrol were the best band of the whole festival.
they were outstanding. these two songs were the best in the whole gig in my opinion.
maybe cos i felt they mean something to me...
sigh, sometimes you wish you didn't have to make the decisions that you do.
but you know that in the long run, it's gonna be better this way for others.
going with the heart or mind, cold hard logic wins out.
going with your heart always gets you and others hurt.

always.

How to be dead - Snow Patrol

Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth
No you don't know what happened
And you never will if
You don't listen to me while I talk to the wall
This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall
Where you've had me for hours
Till I'm sure what I want
But darling I want the same thing that I wanted before
So sweetheart tell me what's up I won't stop no way

Please keep your hands down
And stop raising your voice
It's hardly what I'd be doing if you gave me a choice
It's a simple suggestion can you give me sometime
So just say yes or no
Why can't you shoulder the blame
Coz both my shoulders are heavy
From the weight of us both
You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth
You've not heard a single word I have said...
Oh, my God

Please take it easy it can't all be my fault
I haven't made half the mistakes
That you've listed so far
Oh baby let me explain something
It's all down to drugs
At least I remember taking the and not a lot else
It seems I've stepped over lines
You've drawn again and again
But if the ecstacy's in the wit is definitely out
Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde for my pride

Run - Snow Patrol

I'll sing it one last time for you
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done

And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear

Louder louder
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say

To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do

Light up...

Slower slower
We don't have time for that
All I want is to find an easier way
To get out of our little heads

Have heart my dear
We're bound to be afraid
Even if it's just for a few days
Making up for all this mess

having said all that,
Have heart my dear
We're bound to be afraid
Even if it's just for a few days/months/years?
Making up for all this mess

3 Comments:

At 17 April, 2006 02:07, Blogger death&taxes said...

I was there. I did not write it down, I want to go back. I hope next year got again. I hope I kena 4D or toto (not the band) and we can go.

I also wish to be a superhero. Thats thinking big for you. Glad you were there mate. :)

 
At 22 April, 2007 08:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it can sound silly but when I was listening the "Mad world" and looking for lyrics of it I found Your blog. The first thing which caught my attention was your arm... All your body looks.. hmmm.. (sorry I say it..) great.. beautiful? Or maybe only this photo includes something magical (for me)...
bye - Magdzia

 
At 22 April, 2007 08:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps.Sorry for mistakes in my comment- I'm only on upper-intermediate lvl in english, not advanced:) Magdzia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home